For Meeting Information Visit the Official County Website
Village of Cobleskill Residents, Business Owners & Visitors:
Please note that the Village of Cobleskill does not conduct business on social media. Furthermore, the municipality does not have an official Facebook page. For accurate information please call or email our offices.
Residents: Should your garbage/recycling not get picked up on your scheduled day whether it's due to mechanical failure, holiday, or storm, County Waste will pick it up the following day. (only if the cans are accessible, and contain only what is allowed) This is the policy now in place. Should you have any questions going forward, please call our offices.
UNDERSTANDING VILLAGE GARBAGE RULES:
1) If it doesn't fit in the can, it won't get picked up
2) Recyclables go in the green lid container. Acceptable comingled recyclables are newspaper, catalogs, cardboard, clean pizza boxes, glass jars, plastic bottles & jugs, tin & aluminum food & beverage cans, milk & juice cartons
3) Household garbage must be in clear plastic bags & go into the black lid container
4) All garbage containers are to be put curbside no sooner than the evening before pick-up and should be removed from the curb the day of pick-up
5) Furniture, appliances and large items can go to MOSA for a fee
If you have questions call the village office for assistance
Christmas trees may be discarded curbside. Our grounds crew will pick them up as they see them. To assure pick up, please feel free to contact our office with your address. Thank you!
The village is seeking a full time employee for the water department. Call or stop by the Village Office for details.
NOTICE: curbside bagged leaf pick ended Monday November 23rd. Village residents may take lawn clippings and brush to the sewer plant during regular business hours.
Please visit the Official Schoharie County Website to enroll in the Emergency Notification Service. This will allow you to receive quick and accurate information if and when you need it.
REMINDER: Please be kind to the public sewer system. Feminine hygiene products, paper towels, diapers and wipes can and will cause back-up issues! Please throw those items in the trash. Think before you flush.
Find yourself with too much free time on your hands? Why not become a volunteer member of the Cobleskill Rescue Squad, Fire Department or Auxiliary.
1/7/21 Please take note: The office now handling the Village of Cobleskill's Vital Statistics is now the Village Office. Cyndi Miller is the new Registrar for the Village of Cobleskill. Should you require a birth, death or burial certificate, we are more than happy to assist you.